Put a twist on traditional Gazpacho by using fresh yellow tomatoes.
- Makes: 8 servings of 1 cup each
- Prep Time: 8 hours (includes refrigeration)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- 1 ¾ pounds yellow beefsteak or vine tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno chili pepper, seeded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Arrange a mesh sieve over a medium-sized bowl. Squeeze tomatoes over top of strainer, discarding seeds and reserving juice. Chop tomato flesh.
- In a blender, combine tomato flesh, cucumber and bell pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Add reserved tomato juice, onion, orange juice, lime juice olive oil, vinegar, garlic and jalapeno, and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, if possible.
- To serve, ladle into small bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of fresh dill.