- 3-4 green tomatoes
- 1 cup plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1-2 eggs, slightly beaten
- vegetable oil
- Wash and cut green tomatoes into very thin slices.
- Dredge with flour, dip in egg and dredge with flour again.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop dredged tomatoes into hot oil and fry again until lightly browned.
- Remove from oil; salt immediately.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 167, Total Fat – 2.8g, Sodium – 76mg, Total Carbohydrates – 28.8g, Protein – 7.1g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
• Use ranch dressing garnished with chopped parsley as a dipping sauce.
• Prefer to use cornmeal instead of flour? Check out our other recipe for cornmeal-crusted fried green tomatoes.