- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in flour.
- In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain croquettes on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 100, Total Fat – 5.5g, Protein – 2.7g, Vitamin C – 14%.
Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
SEE ALSO: More Summer Squash Recipes
Tips & Notes
Optional: Garnish with finely chopped fresh chives, or try our recipe for Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce as a dip.