Juicy tomatoes, garden-fresh basil and creamy goat cheese combine in this simple tartine. Served on multigrain bread, this healthy dish makes the perfect summer appetizer or snack.
- 7-9 large slices of multigrain bread
- 15 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil or olive oil
- 4-5 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread slices until lightly brown and crispy.
- While the bread is toasting, prepare the herbed goat cheese in a small bowl by mixing the ricotta, 2 tablespoons basil and garlic until evenly distributed.
- To assemble the tartine, brush the toasted bread with oil and spread 3 tablespoons herbed goat cheese per slice. Top with sliced tomato.
- Sprinkle the tartine with additional basil, salt and freshly cracked pepper as desired.
Tips & Notes
Not a fan of goat cheese? You can substitute ricotta, if desired.