A hearty chowder is cozy for cool nights.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Saute bacon in a medium stockpot. Remove bacon, and reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat. Saute corn and garlic in 1 tablespoon fat.
- In a food processor, puree the sauteed corn, bacon and garlic with 1 cup of stock until smooth.
- In the remaining tablespoon of fat, stir the flour over medium heat. When it begins to bubble, pour in the other three cups of stock. Heat and stir until thickened slightly.
- Add corn mixture and tomatoes to the hot stock. Season to taste. Stir until thick and heated through. Garnish with fresh basil.