- 1 bag (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 ⅔ cups sweet Vadalia onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 3 ½ cups yellow squash, halved and cut into ⅓- to ½-inch slices
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 ⅔ cups yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large (at least 12-inch) skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until starting to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add yellow squash slices and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until squash starts to soften. Stir in corn kernels and tomatoes and heat until thoroughly warmed.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese right before serving. Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly covered container.