- Makes: 24 deviled eggs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes (for cooking eggs)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: The protein in eggs also provides satiety, or satisfaction and a feeling of fullness, which plays a critical role in weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in a medium bowl. (Be careful not to damage the white halves).
- Add avocado to bowl, and mash yolks and avocado thoroughly with a fork until fairly smooth. Add mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, cayenne and salt. Stir well to blend all ingredients.
- Place filling in the whites using a small spoon or pipe in with a pastry bag and decorative tube.
- Garnish as desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
Tips & Notes
• Avocados should be ripe but not mushy. Color is not always a good indicator of ripeness, so choose avocados that yield to gentle yet firm pressure.
• Avoid avocados with large indentations on the skin; this could indicate bruising.
• Refrigerate ripe avocados to slow further ripening.
• Substitute sour cream for mayonnaise if desired.
• This recipe is gluten-free as long as the mayonnaise has not been contaminated with a used knife.