- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a 2-inch slice from top of pumpkin and reserve. Remove seeds and fibers.
- Blend oil and garlic, then rub mixture inside pumpkin and place in a large roasting pan. Alternate layers of toasted crumbs and cheeses inside pumpkin. Combine half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg, then pour over layers.
- Replace pumpkin top and bake for 2 hours, gently stirring contents after 1 ½ hours.
- Serve with French bread or corn chips.
Tips & Notes
Give the dip ample time to cool before serving – the pumpkin will be hot after baking in the oven for 2 hours! Alternately, you can bake the dip in a square or round baking dish and serve in a pumpkin shell for a pretty presentation.