The sweet fall fruit mixed with hazelnuts and spicy pepper jack cheese brings new life to quesadillas.
- Makes: 8 appetizer servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per Serving (2 slices): 127 calories; 5.4g protein; 12g carbohydrates; 7g fat; 225mg sodium
- Recipe Created By: Pear Bureau Northwest
- On half of each tortilla, sprinkle ¼ of the cheeses, basil, onion and hazelnuts; top with pear slices.
- Fold in half and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Heat in non-stick skillet 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and tortilla browns. Cut each quesadilla into four pieces.
Tips & Notes
Store firm, unripe pears in a brown paper bag at room temperature to help them ripen faster.