- Makes: 24 deviled eggs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Eggs contain more than just satisfying protein – they’re filled with 13 essential nutrients and phytonutrients for healthy eyes, pregnancy and brain function. Research has found that high-quality protein may help prevent muscle loss in aging adults, and it also provides satiety, or satisfaction and a feeling of fullness, which plays a critical role in weight loss and weight maintenance.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- ½ cup reduced fat, light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in medium bowl. (Be careful not to damage the white halves.)
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise and mustards, and stir to thoroughly combine. Add relish, salt, pepper and paprika, and stir well.
- Place filling in the whites using a small spoon or pipe in with a pastry bag and decorative tube. Garnish with additional paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate in tightly covered container.
Tips & Notes
• Adjust the amount of mayonnaise, mustard, relish and paprika to get the taste and consistency of your preference. You can also add a little hot sauce to spice things up or chopped pickles in place of the relish.
• This recipe is gluten-free as long as the mayonnaise, mustards and relish have not been contaminated with a used knife.