- 2 cans (30 ounces) garbanzo beans
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tahini
- 1-1 ⅓ cups chicken stock or water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- pita bread and/or sliced spring vegetables, for dipping
- Puree beans, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, stock or water, salt, cumin and cayenne in blender or food processor until very smooth. Add more liquid (stock or water) if needed.
- Place in storage container or serving dish, and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Serve with pita bread and vegetables.
Tips & Notes
When served with bread, this complete protein is just that – complete.