- Makes: 24 deviled eggs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes (for cooking eggs)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Eggs contain more than just satisfying protein – they’re filled with 13 essential nutrients and phytonutrients for healthy eyes, pregnancy and brain function.
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
- ½ cup reduced fat, light mayonnaise
- 4 ounces ⅓-less fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, very finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- fresh dill, chives or green onions, chopped for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in a medium bowl. (Be careful not to damage the white halves.)
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, cream cheese, vinegar and mustard, and stir to thoroughly combine. Add onions, chives, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Place filling in the whites using a small spoon or pipe in with a pastry bag and decorative tube.
- Garnish as desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
Tips & Notes
• To make your deviled eggs stand upright, slice off a tiny piece from the bottom to create a flat surface and about a third of the top to make room for the filling.
• If you can’t find champagne vinegar in the condiment aisle, just substitute white wine or sherry vinegar.
• Fat-free cream cheese and mayonnaise can be used but result in a runnier mixture.
• To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute white vinegar for the champagne vinegar, and make sure the mayonnaise and mustard have not been contaminated with a used knife.