Cucumbers and herbs put a new spin on deviled eggs.
- Makes: 16 deviled eggs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Research has found that high-quality protein, such as that in eggs, may help prevent muscle loss in aging adults.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and let sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. Run under cold water and peel under running water.
- Halve the hard-boiled eggs lengthwise and gently remove the yolks. Transfer 6 yolks to a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, garlic powder and cayenne. Gently fold in the diced cucumber, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the egg halves on a platter and fill the cavities with the yolk mixture. Top each with a cucumber slice and serve.
Tips & Notes
Wait until the hard-boiled eggs are completely cool before peeling them.