- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop eggplant, peppers and onion into medium-size cubes. Toss chopped vegetables with garlic and olive oil.
- Roast on cookie sheet for 45 minutes until vegetables are brown and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Let vegetables cool.
- Place cooked vegetables in food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times. Add tomato paste and taste for salt and pepper.
- Split pita bread into two circles, and cut each circle into eighths. Brush with olive oil and lightly toast.
- Serve with pita bread chips.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 614, Fat – 44.0g, Dietary Fiber – 23.9g, Protein – 9.1g, Vitamin A – 154%, Vitamin C – 562%, Iron – 42%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.