- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound bacon
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1- to 2-inch pieces (they will have a variety of shapes).
- Steam potatoes until they are firm, but cooked through. Set aside and cool.
- Cut bacon strips in half. Wrap bacon around each piece of sweet potato. Skewers are not necessary, as the bacon will adhere to itself.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Place the sweet potatoes on a preheated grill, and baste with the honey mixture.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning sweet potatoes four times, until all sides of bacon are cooked through. Baste well at each turn.
- Remove from grill when bacon is done on all sides. Serve with toothpicks warm or at room temperature.
Watch our helpful video below to see how to make this recipe: