- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is like a coarse meal. Stir in ham and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk and egg, stirring with a whisk. Slowly add liquid mixture to flour mixture and stir until moist, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 4 or 5 times.
- Put dough into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut into eight wedges, cutting into but not entirely through the dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 206, Total Fat – 7.2g, Sodium – 322mg, Protein – 7.8mg **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.