- 2 whole-wheat baguettes, sliced thin (to make 20 pieces total)
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 ounces (1 jar) pimentos, well drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Combine cheeses, pimentos, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise and mustard until well blended. Distribute on 10 slices of bread. Top with the other 10 slices.
- Butter the outside-facing sides of the bread lightly. Grill until crispy and deep golden, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Just before serving, place several fresh leaves of spinach inside each mini sandwich.