Give traditional bruschetta a little kick with savory country ham.
- Makes: 20 pieces
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Tomatoes are filled with antioxidants vitamin A and C, and they contain lycopene, a natural phytonutrient that may help reduce risk of prostate cancer.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons (chiffonade)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup best quality olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 ounces country ham, divided into about 20 pieces
- 1 baguette (12 ounces), cut into rounds and toasted