- 12 cups assorted tropical fruits, chopped or sliced (mango, pineapple, banana, kiwi, papaya)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice if using bananas (toss bananas in orange juice before adding to salad to prevent them from browning)
Creamy Lime Mint Topping:
- 16 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 2 (5.3-ounce) containers nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fresh lime juice, or more for tarter lime flavor
- zest from 2 limes (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 ⅓ cups fresh mint, slightly packed and chopped
- Combine tropical fruits with mint in large bowl, tossing lightly. Add orange juice if bananas are included.
- Refrigerate fruit until serving time.
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lime juice, and lime zest in food processor or blender until thoroughly blended. Add chopped mint and process just until combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 485, Fat – 2.7g, Dietary Fiber – 14.6g, Protein – 4.8g, Vitamin A – 52%, Vitamin C – 526%, Calcium – 14%, Iron – 15%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Choose any tropical and fresh fruits for this salad. Choose fresh mint with bright-green leaves and minimal brown spots. Regular vanilla yogurt or even light sour cream works in place of Greek yogurt. Just adjust the sugar and lime juice to taste.