- 4 heaping cups 1-inch watermelon chunks, seeds removed
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes, chopped or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground salt
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine watermelon cubes, tomatoes, red onion and basil in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour over watermelon mixture. Toss lightly.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over salad and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 159, Fat – 9.6g, Dietary Fiber – 1.7g, Protein – 4.3g, Vitamin A – 21%, Vitamin C – 49%, Calcium – 11%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
You can advance prep the watermelon, onion and tomatoes and refrigerate. Just add dressing and feta right before serving to prevent salad from getting too soggy.