- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Marianne Jones
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 3 pounds white tomatoes, diced (Great White, Snowstorm)
- 3 large white sweet peppers, diced (Albino, Bacskia)
- 4 Jaloro peppers, minced
- 1 white habanero pepper, minced, optional
- 1 ½ cups ripe honeydew melon, diced
- 20 pineapple tomatillos, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 2-3 limes
- zest of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons lime basil, minced, or other basil
- 1-3 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, lime basil and the minced garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring often to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 525, Fat – 25.5g, Dietary Fiber – 5.3g, Protein – 7.0g, Vitamin A – 28%, Vitamin C – 57%, Iron – 14%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Jaloro is a white/yellow jalapeño pepper.