- 4 cups fresh, washed baby spinach
- 2 cups ripe blackberries, washed and set on paper towels to drain
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese (try goat cheddar if available)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Spinach Salad Dressing:
- ⅓ cup best quality olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
*If you need a gluten-free version of this recipe, check the label on the balsamic vinegar.
- Divide the spinach, blackberries and cheese onto four salad plates.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Microwave for about 1 minute. Place the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Pour warm dressing evenly over the salads. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts for Salad (per serving): Calories – 263, Total Fat – 19.8g, Dietary Fiber – 5.5g, Protein – 14.3g, Vitamin A –69%, Vitamin C – 40%, Calcium – 31%, Iron – 13%.
Nutrition Facts for Dressing (per serving): Calories – 180, Total Fat – 16.9g, Protein – 0.1g.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Toasting walnuts enhances their natural flavors. Check out our post on How to Toast Walnuts to learn more.