Fluffy and delicious, these easy biscuits are a cinch to make.
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cut shortening into flour; add other dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk and knead a few times (not too much).
- Roll out no less than 1 inch thick. Cut dough into biscuits.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Tips & Notes
These biscuits get their name from the ingredients: 4 tablespoons of shortening, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 2 cups flour and 1 teaspoon salt – all mixed with a cup of buttermilk.