- 2 ¼ teaspoons (1 package) yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot water (105 degrees)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To make the dough, put the yeast in the warm water with the sugar. Stir and let rest until frothy.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and mix in olive oil. Mix together, then turn out on a floured surface. Knead briskly for 5 to 10 minutes until smooth, shiny and elastic. Dough will be slightly sticky. Shape into a ball. Put in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about an hour.
- When ready, uncover the dough, punch out the air, then divide in two and shape into two balls. Let rise again if time permits, or roll out into a 12-inch pizza circle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put dough directly on baking parchment or pizza pan. (Use other ball for another pizza or freeze for later use). Add your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake pizza for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.