In this recipe for homemade rolls, the bread machine performs all the dough work. Add the ingredients to the machine, and 90 minutes later, you commit less than five minutes to form rolls. Place them in the oven and soon the fresh-baked aroma hugs you.
- 1 ¼ cups milk (70 to 80 degrees)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 3 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by the manufacturer. Select dough setting and start. (At five minutes into mixing, check dough. Add a little water or flour, if needed.)
- When cycle completes, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Roll to ¾ inch thick, and cut with a 2 ½-inch biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise in warm place about one hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tips & Notes
Don’t have a bread machine? Try this recipe for homemade dinner rolls.