Chocolate and zucchini are two unconventional ingredients that team up for a family favorite bread recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Zucchini is a good source of vitamins A and C as well as heart-healthy potassium and fiber, and the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which are both important for good vision.
- Recipe Created By: Elizabeth Smith
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, oil and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, milk and all dry ingredients.
- When mixed well, stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan and bake approximately 40 minutes. Alternately, bake in two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans for approximately 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You can also make muffins or mini muffins instead; muffins take approximately 30 minutes, and mini muffins take 20. When changing the size of the pan, always keep an eye on your oven to prevent overcooking.
Tips & Notes
You can also add walnuts or pecans to enhance the zucchini bread’s texture.