Southern cornbread is the perfect start for crunchy croutons.
- Makes: 5 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cornbread cubes evenly over the surface of a baking sheet with sides. Toast lightly in the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, olive oil and garlic in a measuring cup. Microwave just until it begins to bubble.
- Drizzle evenly over cornbread cubes. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn cubes and bake another 10 to 15 minutes, until all sides are browned and cubes are crunchy.