This pumpkin bread recipe, named for the family friend who created it, can be given as a holiday gift, warmed for breakfast or enjoyed for dessert.
- Makes: 3 small loaves or 1 large round loaf
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: One cup of cooked pumpkin has 83 calories, 3 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber and a whopping 2,650 IU of vitamin A – more than a cup of cooked carrots.
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together oil, sugar, eggs and pumpkin.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Prepare three small loaf pans or one large Bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour in batter.
- Bake for about an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Tips & Notes
If using homemade pumpkin puree, the recipe calls for 15 ounces. This translates to 1 ounce less than 2 cups – there are 8 ounces in a cup.