- 1 day-old baguette or loaf of bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients but bread in a small saucepan. Heat over low flame until garlic is fragrant.
- Layer the bread in a large baking dish or oven-safe skillet. Evenly pour the butter mixture over the top. Toss several times to coat bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Toss bread again and place back in oven. Repeat until croutons are evenly browned.
Tips & Notes
The croutons stay freshest in a plastic bag sealed with a twist tie, which can be accompanied by a ribbon or gift tag, if you want to give as a gift. Any airtight container will work for personal storage.