Butter Brickle Bread is a simple baked good made using yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, almond brickle chips and toasted pecans.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- ½ teaspoon butter flavoring or vanilla
- 1 cup almond brickle chips (alternate: toffee chips)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted at 350 degrees for 5 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and next five ingredients; beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in chips.
- Spray two medium loaf pans with cooking spray and sprinkle toasted pecans in pans. Pour batter evenly over pecans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Tips & Notes
Toasting pecans enhances their natural flavors. Simply place chopped nuts in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place on middle rack in a 350° oven and toast 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.