Prepare the batter for this simple french toast recipe the night before, and just bake the casserole in the morning before topping with berries, syrup and whipped cream.
- Makes: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Strawberries contain nutrients to support brain and heart health, and just eight medium strawberries provide more than 150 percent of your daily value for the disease-fighting vitamin C.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- In a large bowl, combine ⅔ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, eggs and half-and-half. Whisk together until well blended.
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Tear the bread into large pieces and place evenly into the pan. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, sprinkle remaining cinnamon and sugar evenly over the top of the mixture. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Cut into eight squares. Top each piece with ½ cup berries, warm maple syrup and whipped cream.
Tips & Notes
This dish balances nicely with local bacon.