Feel better about your morning breakfast with these fluffy Pear Bran Muffins.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-2 Bosc pears, cored and cut into ¼-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, bran, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, pears and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just to combine; do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and serve.