- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a muffin tin (regular size that holds 12 muffins).
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, melt butter, and whisk in milk and egg.
- Finely chop the rosemary and stir into butter mixture. Slowly stir butter mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide half of batter evenly among muffin cups. Top each with about 2 teaspoons goat cheese. Pour remaining batter over goat cheese in muffin cups.
- Bake muffins in middle rack of oven until golden and toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 174, Fat – 10.4g, Dietary Fiber –0.7g, Protein – 5.8g, Calcium – 18%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Instead of layering the goat cheese in the muffin tin, you can mix it directly into the batter after adding the butter mixture.