Enjoy light, fluffy, four-ingredient biscuits for breakfast with jelly, or serve them on the side with dinner.
- Makes: 12 biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per biscuit: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value: Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
- Recipe Created By: White Lily
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups White Lily self-rising flour
- ¼ cup Crisco vegetable shortening, chilled
- ⅔-¾ cup buttermilk or milk
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Measure flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Turn biscuit dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2-3 times. Roll dough to ½-inch thickness. Cut using floured 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart for crisp sides or almost touching for soft sides.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.