Brighten breakfast with these tasty apple pancakes drenched in an apple-flavored maple syrup.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Apples are rich in quercetin, an antioxidant to fight Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers.
- Recipe Created By: U.S. Apple Association
- For pancakes, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg in mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, egg, butter, vanilla and milk. Combine both mixtures stirring only until blended.
- Fold in grated apple. Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle. When batter is full of holes, turn to brown on other side. Turn pancakes only once while cooking.
- For sauce, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and saute until just brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add maple and corn syrup to apples and stir gently. Let cook another 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Serve with pancakes.
Tips & Notes
Try adding your favorite kind of nuts, like walnuts or pecans, to the pancake batter.