Apricot and blueberry combine for a sweet filled biscuit.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Blueberries provide a healthy boost of antioxidants.
- Recipe Created By: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Reserve ½ cup blueberries for garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, sugar, cinnamon and remaining 2 cups blueberries.
- Stir just until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto surface dusted with biscuit mix and knead 5 times.
- Roll ½-inch thick; cut dough with a 3-inch heart or other shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently re-roll and cut out scraps; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- To serve, slice biscuits horizontally in halves and spread apricot preserves on bottom halves. Cover with tops.
Tips & Notes
Serve these filled biscuits for breakfast or an after-dinner treat.