- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries or 1 (12-ounce) package, frozen
Coconut Crumble Topping:
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick), at room temperature
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- ½ cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine topping ingredients in medium bowl. Mix until moist and crumbly. Set topping aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter and flour 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Sift 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat remaining stick of butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition.
- Mix dry ingredients into batter alternately with milk in 3 additions of each.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer cake batter to prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over batter. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.