- Makes: 1 pizza, cut into 6 or 8 slices
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Eggs contain 13 essential nutrients, and spinach is a superfood, making this breakfast pizza healthy start to the day.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 1 prepared thin pizza crust*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
*See Tips & Notes section for gluten-free substitution.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush pizza with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place directly on oven rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is cooking, whisk eggs in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until soft and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach, breaking up the pieces, and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt to spinach mixture and stir well.
- Add the spinach mixture to the eggs and mix well to distribute it thoroughly. Turn the heat down to low and pour the egg mixture back into the pan. Gently stir the eggs until just set and still moist, 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pizza crust with half of the cheese. Spread the egg mixture evenly onto the baked pizza crust, and top with the diced pepper and remaining cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
• Use reduced-fat cheese to keep total fat and saturated fat under control.
• Gluten-free Substitution: Use a prepared (frozen or mix) potato or brown rice flour-based pizza dough.