- 2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 ⅔ cups white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 ⅓ cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2-3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Coat griddle or large skillet with oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, vanilla, oil and buttermilk. Mix until just combined then stir in chopped chocolates.
- Pour batter in ⅓-cup portions onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form, turn and cook other side until browned and done. Serve plain or with toppings of choice.
Tips & Notes
Top these indulgent pancakes with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or even chocolate syrup.