- Makes: 12-14 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Blueberries have just 80 calories per cup and no fat. Plus, they're an excellent source of dietary fiber, manganese and antioxidants such as vitamin C.
- Recipe Created By: Denise Sawyer / Georgia Blueberry Commission
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-9-inch pan and set aside.
- Mix together the honey, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, almonds and Georgia blueberries. Pour the hot liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir carefully until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour the granola mixture into the buttered dish. Press the ingredients down tightly into the pan with a buttered piece of parchment or wax paper (so that it won’t stick). Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely. Cut into 12 to 14 granola bars.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 159, Fat – 5.6g, Dietary Fiber – 2.4g, Protein – 2.5g.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.