Try this frittata recipe for brunch, featuring creamy goat cheese, sweet onions and fresh greens.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Eggs contain more than just satisfying protein – they’re filled with 13 essential nutrients and phytonutrients for healthy eyes, pregnancy and brain function.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups well-packed mixed greens, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup smoked salmon, optional*
- fresh parsley, chopped
*You can also use cooked chorizo sausage instead of salmon for a spicier, richer flavor. Or leave out the salmon for a vegetarian-friendly brunch recipe.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, goat cheese, red pepper and salt until will combined.
- Preheat broiler on oven. In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter. Add onion and saute until translucent. Sprinkle greens evenly over onion, and pour the egg mixture over the greens. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, until eggs begin to set.
- Remove skillet from stovetop and place under broiler with the lid off. Broil for about 3 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, and top with salmon (or chorizo), if desired. Garnish with parsley.
- Cut frittata into triangles, and serve immediately.