- Makes: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Apples contain cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber and are also rich in quercetin, an antioxidant to fight Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers.
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- Combine apples, juice, water and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rolled oats; cook 10 minutes. Let stand several minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 173, Fat –2.0g, Dietary Fiber – 4.3g, Protein – 3.7g, Vitamin C – 62%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
This homemade apple-cinnamon oatmeal can be made the day before and reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast.