If you're planning on feeding breakfast to a large crowd, this tasty strata is the perfect dish.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Eggs contain more than just satisfying protein – they’re filled with 13 essential nutrients and phytonutrients for healthy eyes, pregnancy and brain function.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ baguette, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ pounds chopped ham
- 2 cups (16 ounces) brie, cubed in ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil into a small pan, and saute the onion and mushrooms until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a deep-dish 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, red pepper flakes, salt and nutmeg.
- Layer bread, ham and cheese cubes into the baking dish. Add the cooked onion and mushrooms. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. (Can refrigerate overnight, if desired).
- Bake for about 55 minutes, or until center is set. Cover with foil if the top is browning too quickly. Garnish with chopped parsley.