Learn how to make almond biscotti to share with friends or enjoy with morning coffee.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract. If desired, add chocolate chips and almonds. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the egg mixture to form heavy dough.
- Divide the dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll the length of the cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to ½-inch thickness.
- Bake 27 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.
- When the biscotti are cool enough to handle, slice each log crosswise into ¾-inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 7 minutes on each side.
Tips & Notes
For a fancier look, melt some chocolate chips, dip each baked biscotto in melted chocolate and roll it in almonds. Let the coated biscotti cool on parchment paper.