- 12 ounces (1 package) breakfast sausage roll (hot and spicy recommended)
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 30 ounces (1 package) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and crumble sausage until done. Drain, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine green onions, mushrooms, red and green pepper, and set aside.
- Spray the interior of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with vegetable cooking spray.
- Layer one-third of the hash browns, then sausage, then vegetable mixture and then cheese into crock. Repeat layers twice.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over layered ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until thermometer inserted into center reads 160 degrees.