- Makes: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Rosemary contains nutrients known to help stimulate the immune system, increase circulation and improve digestion.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar, salt and flour. Mix in rosemary last, incorporating it into dough. Be careful not to overmix, as dough can become colored from rosemary.
- Place half of dough on a sheet of wax paper or parchment. Use wax paper to create a roll or rectangular tube of dough.
- Repeat with remaining half of dough. Place dough tubes on baking sheet in freezer for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat conventional oven to 340 degrees (325 degrees for a convection oven).
- On a sheet pan, place sheet of parchment paper. Take tube of dough and slice shortbread dough approximately 1/8-inch thick, and place on pan spaced 1 inch apart. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of unbaked shortbread.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Allow shortbread to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 183, Total Fat – 11.8g, Sodium – 133mg, Total Carbohydrates – 17.9g, Protein – 1.8g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.