- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Strawberries contain nutrients to support brain and heart health.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 box (1.75 ounces) pectin
- ¾ cup water
- Rinse strawberries, and cut off tops.
- Using a potato smasher, crush the berries.
- In a separate bowl, measure out 2 cups of crushed strawberries, and mix with sugar. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a saucepan, mix together pectin and water. Bring to a boil on high heat, and stir the pectin into the strawberry mixture until dissolved. Pour into freezer containers.
- Leave the jam at room temperature for 24 hours before freezing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 414, Fat – 0.0g, Dietary Fiber –1.5g, Protein – 0.5g, Vitamin C – 78%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
If you prefer a sweeter jam, add more sugar to taste.