An unusual breakfast idea is turkey hash, where you sauté leftover turkey with potatoes and top it with a fried egg.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Research has found that high-quality protein, such as that in eggs, may help prevent muscle loss in aging adults.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Put potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water. Simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, melt 6 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onions and peppers until soft and golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, turkey, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Optional: Fry eggs in remaining tablespoon of butter and serve on top of hash.
Tips & Notes
You can also try this recipe with leftover chicken instead of turkey.