- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and drain berries in colander.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in water and cake mix. Combine until there are no lumps. Gently fold in 1 cup of each type of berry.
- Spoon batter gently into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until tops are dome shaped and spring to the touch. Cool completely on baking rack.
- To make frosting, whip together butter, sugar, vanilla, milk and salt until very smooth. Ice cupcakes with a wide pastry tip. Decorate the tops with remaining berries.
Tips & Notes
You can substitute the blackberries or raspberries for any of your favorite berries in this recipe. Blueberries would be delicious!