- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 9-inch pans with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar; beat well. In separate bowl, combine flour and nuts. In alternating increments, add flour mixture, milk and cream to egg mixture, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat well. Spread in pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Frost when cooled.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine cream cheese and butter. Beat until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add additional sugar to obtain desired sweetness.
Tips & Notes
You can substitute regular cream cheese for Neufchatel cream cheese, which contains ⅓ less fat.